How to make Palacio Sangría
Hi #flamencofans! For all those who have asked us how to make the Palacio Sangría today we bring you the recipe! The delicious beberage that characterizes our gastronomy made with red wine, fruit and some liquor.
Sangria is very typical in Spain and in Portugal, and it is starting to spread to other European countries. Its name comes from its color which is similar to the color of blood thanks to the red wine and it is usually served in hot weather because it’s very refreshing.
In order to make sangría for 4 persons we need:
- 1L of red wine - 2 apples - 1 peach - 1 pear - 2 oranges - 30cl of lemon Schweppes - 150g of sugar - 50ml of Cointreau - Ice 1.
1. First, we peel and chop the pear, peach and apple.
2. Then, we put it all in a big jar and we add the wine.
3. Afterwards, we remove the fruit and we put the 150g of sugar and we squeeze the oranges inside.
4. Lastly, we add the 30 cl of lemon Schweppes (it can be lemonade or another gas soft drink as well) and the 50g of Cointreau. We stir everything and let it rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
When served, we add the ice and if we want it with less alcohol we can add more lemon Schweppes. In the opposite case, if we want it stronger, we can add more Cointreau.
It is very important that we leave it rest for 2 hours in the fridge, so the wine gets fruited, but don’t leave it much more time as it can ferment.
On the other hand, we can also add other types of fruit, such as cherries, (without the seed), or harder fruits like banana, and it is recommended not to use many wet fruits such as pear. If we don’t have peaches, we can replace it with a piece of apple or pear. We can also make sangria with other things, such as champagne, strawberry, watermelon…
So you know #flamencofans, if you want to taste the fantastic Sangria Palacio accompanied by the best flamenco show in Barcelona, come to visit us at the Palacio del Flamenco, you will love it!